The Computer Systems Lab (CSL) consists of faculty members, graduate students, undergraduate students, and engineering staff conducting research in systems software with interesting applications. The lab operates its own testbed facility consisting of several rack-mounted servers and reliable storage space.
CSL is interested to contribute to research efforts related to
- virtualization of cloud resources,
- web technologies and media networking,
- systems security and information privacy,
- operating systems for multi-core architectures and
- infrastructure monitoring systems.
The lab has extensive experience in the design, implementation and performance evaluation of:
- File and storage systems
- Grid and federated services
- Streaming servers
- Content distribution networks and
- Multiprocessor operating systems
in the context of
- Video-on-demand problems
- Medical image applications
- Monitoring of physical and computational infrastructures
- Geographical information systems
- Protection of the natural environment
The Computer Systems Laboratory (CSL) was officially established with Government Gazette No 4061/19-12-2016. It is based at the Department of Computer Science and Engineering, School of Engineering, University of Ioannina, Greece. The Systems Research Group (SRG) operates since 2007 at the University of Ioannina and is currently part of the CSL.